Since I don't have much to report from the weekend, I figured I'd amuse you with a few funny/interesting that links I've found recently:
- Have you heard of the Mars One mission? It is a plan for a mission to colonize Mars (one way trip there only) and the plan is to fund it by packaging the whole process up as a reality TV series. The project received over 200,000 resumes from people who want to be the first humans to walk on Mars and the organizers just narrowed down the applicant pool to only 100 people, 50 men and 50 women. Only 24 people will actually go, but of course back ups will need to be trained as well. The coolest part? I actually KNOW one of the top 100 finalists!!! George and I were friends back at KSC and he was recently interviewed by MSNBC about reaching the top 100. You can watch the video above to see the interview.
- Do you use Amazon? Did you know about all of these 20 secret tips? #3 kind of blew my mind!
- The Cathy Comic of the 90's meets the Louis CK rants of today and it's brilliant: http://thecathyckpage.tumblr.com
- This video about confronting sexual harassers on the streets of Lima, Peru made my day!
- You can't fight logic against someone who refuses to be logical...http://io9.com/8-logical-fallacies-that-fuel-anti-science-sentiments-1679442426
- And while I'm talking nerdy science stuff, have you heard that my favorite astrophysicist (yes, I have a favorite, doesn't everyone???) is getting his own late night talk show?!